Potterton Suprima 50HE combustion readings | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Potterton Suprima 50HE combustion readings in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I serviced a Potterton Suprima 50HE today, full clean of burner etc, put back together, burner pressure correct at 9mb, gas rate correct at 15kw, analyser readings way out though, no suggestion in mfi of correct ratio etc, anyone had this before. I was once told by Vaillant that some of their older condensing boilers didn't need to combustion readings run and if you did, the readings would be sky high, is that the case with Suprima HE's as well?

Hello clearplumbing,

This should be asked in the private forum. However did you leave it long enough to not saturate your FGA? Have you checked your FGA?

Just re-read post, this is a heat only boiler, don’t think there’s a need to fga, mine’s the same boiler, seem to remember calling Baxi technical and they mentioned results won’t be same as a combi.

Attachments

• 206E845B-4F22-4C2A-8E91-183A8111C911.jpeg
    206E845B-4F22-4C2A-8E91-183A8111C911.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 21
Yeah even old ones. You couldn’t leave an older boiler at let’s say 500ppm.
If they’re burner in excess of 200ppm there’s something wrong anyway, most of the older appliances are usually under 100ppm when they’re burning correctly.

I must say it’s a new one on me, we’ve been told, flame picture, burner pressure and gas rate. Yes I do hold relevant quali’s before you ask, just don’t remember everything.

How would a bbu get analysed? Or a 3rd storey boiler with no sampling point?

Last edited by a moderator:

Similar plumbing topics

Have you cleaned the heat ex?
Replies
Views
Are you doing it in P1, P2 and checking P1 again?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Mate, all you need to do is everything, to...
Replies
Views
Set of new electrodes should sort it. Had a...
Replies
Views
hose not perished they split very easily and...
Replies
Views
Back