Potterton Suprima 60 System Boiler with Cylinder | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Potterton Suprima 60 System Boiler with Cylinder in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hamzaldo

Hi everyone

I have a Potterton Suprima 60 system boiler with Cylinder. Lately on the Honeywell Smartfit thermostat it displays F04 and an orange light appears on the boiler.

In consequence the boiler is now not heating the water. Every time this happens I switch off the boiler from the electric supply (switch next to boiler) and switch on again and the boiler works again. It is as if the boiler resets or reboots and then works fine for around 8 hours or so.

Anyone had a similar fault? Or can anyone advise? I have checked the manual and it states check wiring from terminal block to PCB and if that is ok then replace PCB.

In short the boiler just goes off and I have to switch off and on to fire it up again. I live in Forest Gate E7 (East London)

please help!!

Thanks

hamzaldo

try the im looking for a plumber forum, as gsr advice isnt available to you Im afraid.

F04 is nothing to do with your boiler.

F04 means that the motorised valve is jammed

a) Check Actuator is fitted to valve
b) Check Actuator drives Valve full travel. If not, remove Actuator and check Actuator will drive for at least 10 seconds (They mean run for 10 seconds)
c) Use manual lever on Actuator to free Valve
d) Check Valve for blockage and clear
e) can you twist the spindle with your fingers without applying to much pressure

Hi
Hi thanks for the response I have no idea what your talking about but will show a friend and hopefully this helps.

is all this located near the cylinder??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If it’s just the red light flashing, then I’d...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
All sorted. It was a dodgy microswitch in the...
Replies
Views
Gut feeling is PCB Time for someone...
Replies
Views
Back