Potterton suprima 60l heap | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Potterton suprima 60l heap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Evening chaps wonder if you can help me

Was called out tonight to look at one of these boilers. Boiler would not light.

Traced to a goosed aps. Happen to have one on the van for a job tomorrow so replaced it.

Now boiler will only light with the cover off. I am leaning towards fan also being goosed but wondered if any of you had any experience of this model.

All suggestions appreciated as ever.

Matt

It's certainly possible, you could try oiling the fan to see if that helps and give the blades a brush off. Connecting a digital gauge to the venturi will tell the pressure the fan is putting out. If it's close to what the APS operates at then you have found the problem. Is there a flue restrictor fitted, taking that out will fix it for a while.

If you need to order the fan make sure you order the gasket where it connects to the flue as it will be knackered.

What pressure is the fan kicking out??

it might not be giving out enough to activate the air pressure switch.

Thank you all for your answers really really helpful

I will go back armed with a fan as I'm pretty sure that's the issue

does the suprima use the same flue as the prima they rot at the end

I've had quite a few suprima flue rot, sometimes hard to spot shine a torch down the flue terminal if you can.

It's a vertical so very difficult. Will try

Not seen one with a vertical flue, are you sure the flue hasn't come apart can you see the whole flue length?

Could be anything mentioned above. Flue,fan,Venturi,pressure tubes or even blocked flue ways on the heat ex

Fan cups are filled with dust and the turret seal is either split/missing/out of position it's a common issue with them new turret seal clean the fan cups replace and all should be well.

if not remove the lug that seals the stat cables through the case and measure your O2 from there that'll tell you if you are re circing POC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If it’s just the red light flashing, then I’d...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
it may only be and ing unit fail but as Ric...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
Yeah I have changed a few of these. Thing...
Replies
Views
A
Depends on area and appliance I believe mate.
Replies
Views
Back