Potterton Suprima Flue | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Potterton Suprima Flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mountainman

I've booked up a few of these where the terminal has rotted away, but have never returned to fit it.

Potterton don't do a remedial kit for this flue so I've had to order the complete flue.

Has anyone changed just the inner flue tube?
My

I've booked up a few of these where the terminal has rotted away, but have never returned to fit it.

Potterton don't do a remedial kit for this flue so I've had to order the complete flue.

My

you can get a flue repair kit for these. I've got one in my garage :)

if the flue isn't actually rotten and it's just the grid on the terminal that's damaged then you can get away with just fitting a terminal guard

if the flue isn't actually rotten and it's just the grid on the terminal that's damaged then you can get away with just fitting a terminal guard
No repair kit available according to Potterton, Tom.
I agree that a flue guard should suffice but could it be considered an illegal modification?

Are you thinking of the Profile terminal kit Tom?

Maybe I am thinking of the wrong boiler then :)

ill have a look at the one I've got in the garage tmra and see what it is

Is it the suprima he? Becarefull of the flue turret rotting can sometimes be seen from inside the boiler just about. They've upgraded the flues on these now to plastic.

Maybe I am thinking of the wrong boiler then :)

ill have a look at the one I've got in the garage tmra and see what it is

I think your thinking of the profile. I stopped myself from typing earlier as I was going to say the same.

As the flue is off the top of the boiler I would just remove and replace the lot shouldnt take much longer than an hour and you have peace of mind then.

Here's the one I've got in my garage :)

im sure its a suprima repair kit, I might be wrong, but I sure I can remeber just changing the inner flue on these.

In the box with this flue was a scum centre invoice with loads of things I'd got on the councils account. Try this part number with them 450985.

Its says that this part number is "pott 5106693 flue terminal" although its I never actually collected it so this part number might not refer to the flue in the photo :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 19
The receipt is also from 2010. So that's when I would have had the flue since so they may not make them anymore :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 19
Your garage or your mums garage?

Can't believe you'd buy a lawn mower yet! Let alone what looks to be a dyson vacuum....

Your garage or your mums garage?

Can't believe you'd buy a lawn mower yet! Let alone what looks to be a dyson vacuum....

It's my mom and dads garage :)

im just sorting out all my work stuff into boxes ready to take over to mine the weekend :)

ive got parts I never knew I had :)

the vac is my mom and dads old one and I don't ever wanna own a lawn mower :)

Here's the one I've got in my garage :)

im sure its a suprima repair kit, I might be wrong, but I sure I can remeber just changing the inner flue on these.

In the box with this flue was a scum centre invoice with loads of things I'd got on the councils account. Try this part number with them 450985.

Its says that this part number is "pott 5106693 flue terminal" although its I never actually collected it so this part number might not refer to the flue in the photo :)

That kit is for a Profile / Netaheat

My

I mail order mine over the phone, a firm called gas appliance spares. Pm me for the number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Atag let you go for the 600mm clearance away...
Replies
Views
If it’s just the red light flashing, then I’d...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I took those photos! Looks like the only...
Replies
Views
installed glowworm energy today, was the...
Replies
Views
Thank you for responding Chuck, I have booked...
Replies
Views
Back