potterton suprima help needed, not the ususal problem. | USA Plumbers Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss potterton suprima help needed, not the ususal problem. in the USA Plumbers Advice area at Plumbers Forums

M

mcaw

Hi all.

I have Potterton Suprimal 100l. It had a new PCB fitted around 3 yrs ago to fix reset problem.
It has now started playing up in a different way.
In the morning boiler will not fire up. It flashes amber and clicks and just repeats this.
Fan does not run and boiler doesn't fire up at all.( call for heat is there )
I have to turn the temp knob off, and then on again, and if it flashes green immediately turn it off again. ( strange I know )
The boiler then goes through the ignition sequence and fires up, and I can turn the knob on and around to high temp.
I may have to do this a few times, before I can finally get the boiler to fire up. ( this happens every morning and during the day )
Anybody any ideas ? is it time for anothe new PCB ?

Thanks

Martin

1. [*=left]This plumbing forum will not provide advice to anybody with regards to boiler repairs or any other form of gas plumbing without you first providing us with your Gas Safe Registration number in a thread - for very obvious reasons. If you're not qualified to touch gas, you should stay well clear of trying to!
    [*=left]

Similar plumbing topics

M
Sounds like a failed motorised valve.
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
If it’s just the red light flashing, then I’d...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
R
Hi, thanks for your answer. It does not have...
Replies
Views
Renato
R
Replies
Views
  • Question
If all external controls and valves operate...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back