power flush boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss power flush boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

got a glowworm cxi combi that is overheating on heating and hot water .i removed the filter and cleaned it as it was totaly sludged up but still no joy boiler and system sludged bad. would a power flush connected to the boiler pump housing total clean the main and hw heat exchangers or would it still need a new hw plate .just dont know if its cost effective to clean or replace boiler ,

thanks ant

If you just clean the boiler what about the rest of the system?

You can take out the plate heat exchanger and clean with an acid cleaner, cheaper than replacing.

Sounds to me like the whole system needs doing.

Cleaning the plate hex alone is often pointless.
Replacing the boiler because the system is full of crap, is always pointless.
As the cause of your problem is not PROVEN to be crap in the system, powerflushing would be premature.

What you need, is somebody who can diagnose with total accuracy what the problems is.

You can take out the plate heat exchanger and clean with an acid cleaner, cheaper than replacing.

Defo! KAMCO FX2 POWER FLUSH CHEMICAL acid, blue tub - very strong stuff. Use it neat, soak it for a bit, rinse it out well, comes out like new.
Works for me.

hi all i was intending to flush the system and fit a spyrotec flter - i just wanted to know if the powerflush would total clean the heatexchangers and diverter valve as it might be cheaper to replace the boiler due to other faults on it eg press sw/ diverter cartridge sludged /and passing prv sludged open

thanks ant

id dis the boiler and flush system and boiler seperatly first then reconnect and flush together with the boiler running hot flushing is always better unless of course you have a heated flusher

it might be cheaper to replace the boiler due to other faults on it eg press sw/ diverter cartridge sludged /and passing prv sludged open
Replacing the boiler is utterly pointless. Your real problem is a system full of crap, get it out. If you don't quite know how powerflushing works, don't do it yourself.

Replacing the boiler is utterly pointless. Your real problem is a system full of crap, get it out. If you don't quite know how powerflushing works, don't do it yourself.

i know the system is full of sludge and i intend to flush that and fit a filter such as spyrotech of f1 as i stated - i just wanted to know if the powerflush would total clean the boiler as well plate to plate and main heat exch and diverter- if it would not then the cost of a diverter kit / prv /pressure sw/plate to plate seals and possibly plate to plate would be more than a new boiler in cost effective terms with no guarantee there is no other faults.

thanks ant

i know the system is full of sludge and i intend to flush that and fit a filter such as spyrotech of f1 as i stated - i just wanted to know if the powerflush would total clean the boiler as well plate to plate and main heat exch and diverter-
It would, IF it is done correctly. Lots of "pro's" don't seem to know how to do it, which makes it unlikely a diy-er would know.
if it would not then the cost of a diverter kit / prv /pressure sw/plate to plate seals and possibly plate to plate would be more than a new boiler in cost effective terms with no guarantee there is no other faults.
1. As I said before, it needs to be flushed. Replacing the boiler will not alter that requirement.
2. Even if it did, replacing a boiler will cost 4 figure sum, unless you are happy with the cheapest of the cheap in boilers, and a crap installer.

The power flush will not totally clean the boiler or the system.
I always advise on fitting a filter as well as a flush, when needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks, yes I will ask him when he comes in a...
Replies
Views
Hello, it might be worth phoning the boiler...
Replies
Views
C
Try reading this - the pump and flow switch
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
7 years without use is not good I wouldn't...
Replies
Views
Due to COVID the engineer diagnosed the faults...
Replies
Views
Back