Power Flushing Chemicals | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Power Flushing Chemicals in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWheating

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
whats your current choice/preference of power flushing chemicals and inhibitor for systems with and without aluminium. Also please give your opinions on any other chemicals you have tried if you can.

thanks, Adam.

for cleaning it has to be sentinel x800
for inhibitor i use calmag its really good and at 4.95 plus vat per litre its good value. and it carries the ciphe endorsement

edit - both suitable for all metals including ally

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks Kay-jay.

have you used and acid based like fx2? if so hows it compare to x800 in results?

and if anybodys used fernox same questions.

and does anybody know whats the difference between the chemicals used in fernox f3 and f5?

Difference is same as x8 and x3 I think, ones a cleanser and ones a power flushing cleaner.

both f3 and f5 state suitable for use with power flushing.

i thought x300 was only for new systems while commissioning?

If we are power flushing we will double dose on x400 2 weeks before hand. You can one visit with x800 or fx2 but dont think it does as good a job. The only time we use fx2 is when connecting to just hex on boiler only, then no probs with neautralising. X800 no neautralising problems but still isnt as good as a pretreat ive found.

We pre-treat with F3 and inhibit with F1. We wack some F5 in on the day if it looks like a bad un.

both f3 and f5 state suitable for use with power flushing.

i thought x300 was only for new systems while commissioning?

I was under impression that f3 was the same as x300.

FYI x800 can be left in a system for a week, I checked with sentinel due to a particularly nasty system I was cleaning.

FX2 works for me fine, I use it all the time and X100 to keep a CH system sound.

TB mate, the X800 bottle states it cant be left in a system with aluminium for more than 4 hours. I personally use FXC2 or DS40 by Fernox, I can usually get two to three flushes done out of one box. Then stick an F1 in for inhibitor.

Fx2 ive not tried anything else as its seems to work for me

The Kamco acid one? we found it etched the power flush pipes and the inside of the magnetic filter cases - aesthetics I know. Very effective with no pre-treatment. On one job we did find a lone ally rad in a bathroom and this set the heart racing. Since then we stick with Fernox and buy it on a as needed basis. If we were full blown power flush peeps then we would bulk order and possibly make some savings with Kamco's offerings but their minimum order is too high for occasional flushes.

TB mate, the X800 bottle states it cant be left in a system with aluminium for more than 4 hours. I personally use FXC2 or DS40 by Fernox, I can usually get two to three flushes done out of one box. Then stick an F1 in for inhibitor.

Don't recall reading that otherwise I wouldn't have called their technical line. Will make sure I double check next time

thanks Kay-jay.

have you used and acid based like fx2? if so hows it compare to x800 in results?

and if anybodys used fernox same questions.

hi adam

basically nothing is better than the acids even your x800 etc but they require neutralising whereas the x800 and fernox equivalents dont.

for me the x800 is spot on and not worth the faffing that use of acids entails.
you will never haver a dissatisfied custard with 800 because it is aggressive enough to make dramatic differences to rad cold spots, particularly with the magnacleanse and the vibra cleanse in tandem with the flusher.

hi adam

basically nothing is better than the acids even your x800 etc but they require neutralising whereas the x800 and fernox equivalents dont.

for me the x800 is spot on and not worth the faffing that use of acids entails.
you will never haver a dissatisfied custard with 800 because it is aggressive enough to make dramatic differences to rad cold spots, particularly with the magnacleanse and the vibra cleanse in tandem with the flusher.

cheers mate.

i found the fx2 very good. Worked well on my eyes too when the hose blew off the powerflusher...
I use x400 for microbore cleaning with no powerflusher and other systems where a powerflush cant be done. Then x100 inhibitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
Our Adey product range includes an assortment...
Replies
Views
Sorry missed your reply! I try to answer your...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thats a reasonable price as Scott advised...
Replies
Views
  • Question
As above, something metal, e.g. a keyring or...
Replies
Views
Back