Power shower and a single Grundfos Booster Pump | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Power shower and a single Grundfos Booster Pump in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

G

GeoPlumbing

Hello
I am a plumber and I have come across a problem that I need confirmation form someone out there that I am giving the right advice. Firstly I'm no newbie I've been doing plumbing for a very long time, but the good thing about the domestic plumbing is that you always come across something new to learn.
So here's the Problem:
A Vented Hot water cylinder with a cold water storage tank above it inside a cupboard of a one bedroom flat... all new.
The previous plumbers installed a 22mm single Grundfos Home Booster pump (PC: 1048) on the hot water services for the whole flat, on outlet of the hot water cylinder,approx 300mm away from the cylinder. This pump should be 2 meter after the cold water tank outlet and installed before the hot water cylinder.

Also there is an Aquastream power shower (has a built-in Pump) in the bathroom, connect to the same hot water services as the booster pump... therefore when you turn the power shower on, the booster pump also comes on.... therefore you have two pumps working simultaneously.

This is the tricky part... non of the other taps will allow hot water through unless you go to the bathroom and open the hot water on the Bath tap and there is always air in the system.

I think it is due to:
  • Two pumps on the same system causing conflict with each other
  • The booster pump being installed in the wrong place
  • The Plumber did no install a AA vent in the hot water services

My suggestion are simple:
  1. To replace the Home booster with a twin Negative booster pump (for hot and cold) and remove the power shower and install a Therm Shower mixer.
  2. Remove the booster pump... not sure if the kitchen tap will receive hot water with gravity feed.
  3. Remove all of it and install an Unvented cylinder or combi boiler- Not Gonna happen! :cry_smile:

May thanks in advance for reading this... Any Help is good help

Leigh

Sounds like it could be a piping issue.
Keep the aqua stream as its a good shower IMO but make sure it's piped up right with its own feeds from hwc and cwst and keep the grunfos booster just to supply the other hot outlets, it might mean some repiping work.
Pif you cam post a photo of the set up it would be helpful

Upvote 0
Sounds like it could be a piping issue.
Keep the aqua stream as its a good shower IMO but make sure it's piped up right with its own feeds from hwc and cwst and keep the grunfos booster just to supply the other hot outlets, it might mean some repiping work.
Pif you cam post a photo of the set up it would be helpful

The pipe go beneath the floor boards... so yea I did think of that although this would be very costly. thank you for agreeing that having 2 pumps on the same system is wrong.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi SI......is the shower on the same floor as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If you had a vented cyclinder and cold water...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Is it posssible to install a booster pump, of...
Replies
Views
It doesn't matter what plumbing you have...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Stnd wrong pump for a high pressure shower...
Replies
Views
Back