Power shower won't turn off, even after the shower has been removed, water flows?? | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Power shower won't turn off, even after the shower has been removed, water flows?? in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

P

panamajack

I turned my power shower off, but it kept running until the header tank was empty. I thought it was a problem with the shower unit itself, so I removed it, but water still flowing from the hot and cold pipes. Is this a pump or valve problem somewhere?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: Power shower won't turn off, even after the shower has been removed, water flows?

so the shower would not turn off, water was still flowing??

if there is a flow the pump will just keep running, so the problem is with the shower control/tap
or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

Upvote 0
Re: Power shower won't turn off, even after the shower has been removed, water flows?

I thought it was the Triton shower unit, so I disconnected it from the electrical supply and then removed it form the wall. However, the water was still flowing out of the 2 supply water pipes, hot and cold. I tuned the water stopcock off and water still flowed out of the pipes sticking out of the wall?!

Upvote 0

The water is fed by two tanks in loft, best to open all your hot taps an drain off cold through shower.

Upvote 0

I have drained off all of the water... What do you think the problem is? Should the flow stop when the shower is turned off? Will the shower stop the flow once you turn it off? Should I replace the shower unit?

Upvote 0

Plumber cheaper than moving..... Unless your post code is SW3 then plumber twice cost of move!

Upvote 0

Shower valve has stuck in open position and if your not confident with repairs i would get a plumber in

Upvote 0

Sounds like two pumps. One of power shower and one from elsewhere.. if that is the scenario it's wrong.. go get a plumber. Not worth the money and hassles pal. If you have turned the shower off then I'd have thought the flow switch jammed on..

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
If you had a vented cyclinder and cold water...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I've just replaced an Ultra SASF2 – M...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi SI......is the shower on the same floor as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a problem with noise and vibrations...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks Timmy. That does seem to be the...
Replies
Views
Back