power tools!? | Plumbing Tools | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss power tools!? in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

P

plumberdan

hey all, any recommendatoins for power tools? i currently have a dewalt 18v cordless drill, whats the best on the market? cheers:)

Plumberdan,

Like with all things you generally get what you pay for. I use a combination of Dewalt, Makita and Bosch and have never had any problems.

If you're planning on buying cordless tools have a think about what you need now and in the future. If you choose a single battery system it will make it more flexible as you can run more tools from the one type of battery.

If you're prepared to buy online there are some very good deals so shop around.

Mark

I have just got a makita lxt 3.0 litium hammer drill and it is the dogs bits!!!

Depends if you have got money, then makita or bosch are good, best to avoid cordless dewalt (the batteries are not too good).

If you are on a budget you face the greatest challange. Go for the best if you are going to use it all day long (like a cordless hammer drill), but you can compremise with kit you use less frequently.

Good budget brands are Erbauer, Ryobi, Mc Alleister and Wickes proffessional - dont buy DIY brands as the are . . . .

Poo!

Thanks all, i have been looking at the dewalt 18v combo kit (5 pack) some of the tools you get are useful to have but is it value for money at just under 700 quid? the makita batteries do seem to last longer mind i will shop about i think. thanks again!

Plumberdan,

If you're thinking of the Dewalt 5 piece set, have a look at Anglia Tool Centre,

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.angliatoolcentre.co.uk%2Fdc5pakb-dewalt-18v-5-tool-pack-2-x-2-6ah-ni-mh-pid8055.html"]DC5PAKB DEWALT 18V 5 TOOL PACK 2 X 2.6ah Ni-MH at Anglia Tool Centre[/DLMURL]

£479 inc VAT. I bought my 5 piece set from here and they were the best price I could find and very good next-day service. The prices for their spare batteries are good as well! I don't know how good Makita's batteries are but I havn't had any problems with my 5 Dewalt ones.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to have a BOSHH 14v but it got nicked off stand. Used a Dewalt but its no where near as good.

In fact I paid £170 for the Dewalt and the Scewfix went an done a crazy promo on it.

First to £99.

Then to £79.

Gutted......

http://www.*********.com/jpgs/man.jpg

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I have a Dewalt flexible shaft bit-holder...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks
Replies
Views
  • Question
Tap spanner/box spanner works in a pinch.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Went with both options, my new bacho wide grip...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Same here. There are times you just cannot...
Replies
Views
Back