Powerflush Machine V MangaCleanes ???? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Powerflush Machine V MangaCleanes ???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

fubar1000

Gas Engineer
Thinking of buying the new MagnaCleanse, but as it's a lot of money I would just like to know what you's guy's are using?

& what you's think of the new magnacleanse machine?

The MangaCleanse is a lot cheaper, has a lot less to go wrong & seems a very good idea, but I just can't see it being better than a proper powerflush machine.

Any input would be good thanks people

Powerflush all the way. No way a filter running on the heating pump that pumps at most 25litres a minute. Most flushers are around 90litres a minute and between 1.5 to 2 bar

A proper job is to use a powerflush machine with a magnacleanse/ Kamco filter.

Lots of money but so is the job you are doing.

power flush machine and magnetic filter used together, so buy them both.:)

the magnetic filter on its own wont remove a half of what a machine will imo. I think using a large filter when you do a chemical/mains flush on a boiler change is a good idea, but if the system needs more than a mains flush then you need to use a machine. Care should be taken when selling a filter flush, some engineers seem to tell there customers they are getting a powerflush which is a shame and why they come onto the forum asking if they got what they paid for.

Used both and either work well if used properly, magnaclense you need to vibrate the rads into oblivion . A Magnaflush isn't same as power flush same as a power flush won't provide ongoing water quality management. But neither can be done in sixty seconds! Sweaty job system cleansing in summer especially if three floors! Nice in winter though!

Used to use a magnacleanse. They are good but only relly on system pump for flow so if you have a blockage or a slow system you will wish you brought a flush machine.
I have since brought a Kamco machine with a magnet attachment and I never use the magnacleanse anymore. Plus the magnacleanse is annoying to set up if they dont already have a magnaclean fitted.

Ive been using the magncleanse attached to my powerflush machine for about 5 years now, with the two massive magnets there is no need to fill and dump each rad to get rid of the black sludge, you can see the pipes getting clearer and clearer untill it passes turbidity.
Then just do a whole system dump and refill

Ive been using the magncleanse attached to my powerflush machine for about 5 years now, with the two massive magnets there is no need to fill and dump each rad to get rid of the black sludge, you can see the pipes getting clearer and clearer untill it passes turbidity.
Then just do a whole system dump and refill

Ever left a responsible adult in charge ...... Gone to shop and returned to a flood? A friend (not me) left 2nd year on a flush, came back to a partially flooded plant room come steam room! Thankfully not in a house. Quick release on mag came off, due to entanglement of leg! 75mm water in room about 6m square.

The 1st time I used my Magnacleanse ( without Powerflush machine).

I had the magnacleanse outside the airing cupboard, boiler running and a hose pipe on the return on the boiler, with filling loop turned on.

All was going well for about 1/2 an hour, mobile rang and I had a 10 min chat with a customer, call ended and I went back indoors.

All I could see was the 25mm hose snaking at the top of the landing drenching the whole area in dirty black water using the boiler pump and fresh mains water for maximum pressure !!!!!!

I had to totally redecorate the hall stairs and landing and replace the carpets.

Soon after 30 mtrs of 25mm hose was purchased and the Powerflush machine and magnacleanse are never used indoors again.

Adey sent me a new set of clips!

Norstrom pro flush with built in heater and external magnets for me. Not the cheapest but i get on well with it and had some good results on badly sludged systems. You couldn't do that with a magnacleanse really

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 36
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Remove radiators prior to flushing and connect...
Replies
Views
The pump/motor are way, way more powerful with...
Replies
Views
S
I personally would not do it on site after...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your response mate. Im not...
Replies
Views
Norstrom is the dogs danglies. Hired one in...
Replies
Views
Back