powerflushing boilemate 2000 | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter rosli2905
  • Start date
  • Replies 9
  • Views 3K

Discuss powerflushing boilemate 2000 in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rosli2905

Has anyone powerflushed a boilermate? Ive been told not to go near it..

Don't see what there is to Achieve.

The sludge would probably not come out. Probably best to take cylinder outside and wash it out

i have been to a house today that has had in the last month, a new plate fitted, a new hws primary pump and a hws flow sensor fitted. i hadnt seen one of these before but the pump sound to have pulling in a blockage or low water. There is sometimes a limited amount of hot water and the pump runs up to speed, as i ran it up at one occasion the plate outlet was only 2-3 deg warmer than the water coming in.
Apparently it was much better when the plate was changed for a week or two.
I checked the f+e mounted on top and found a load of slime about 1" thick. i suspect this may also be growing in the main cylinder blocking the pump inlet or possibly only blocking the plate.
Has any one else seen anything like this, the water is clear in f+e but doesnt appear to have any inhibitor.
Has anyone power flushed for slime and what did you use.

I wouldn't bother there such a pain over complicted, some have got three 15/50 pumps in. rip it out..

Yes, I've seen the slime in the F&E.

Sounds to me that only one sensor was changed on the unit you looked at. You should change the wet sensor and the dry sensor at the same time. The pump speed is controlled by the sensor (its a modulating pump).

thanks Danny, the pump tries to circulate water with no or intermittent flow. it starts and stops slowly so i dont think the problem is there.

The pump starting and stopping slowly...could very well be the sensor mate.

You said it's had a new pump. Did it get an X18 15-50 or just a standard 15-50?

Yes these are junk, but can normally be repaired. Like a few people have said, an unvented would be preferable. As long as the discharge pipe work is easy.

I've been to some installed in the middle of a development, where proper termination of the discharge on the unvented wouldn't be easy to acheive.

thanks Danny, yes its the x 15-50 pump and even when the pump runs at full sped the domestic water is very cold. and yes its in the middle of a new build.

The pump isolation valves on these are prone to leaking and can jam in the wrong position. You definetly are getting a flow through the pump? Might be an idea to drain it down and check, change the valves. You could then also remove the lower immersion element and have a look in the cylinder for a build up of sludge.

You could also check all the the other connections at the same time.

Just throwing ideas up in the air mate!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You’re 200 miles away - he is there. You’re...
Replies
Views
Not sure why you'd want to keep the boilermate...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It seems from the installation manual that 3...
Replies
Views
Remove radiators prior to flushing and connect...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just looking for some advice if...
Replies
Views
Back