Powermax 155 service | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Powermax 155 service in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

gingalig

Gas Engineer
Powermax 155, I have been asked to service one. I'm G3 as well as gas safe. Anything to look out or watch out for ? Customer tells me there is a loud popping noise on ignition, I'm assuming possibly incorrectly this will be the electrodes. I,ve only ever removed and replaced with a conversion so a bit unfamiliar.

You will need gaskets for it. The baffles rot on them as well can't remember how to get them out I think it was an electricians cable rods with a hook on the end.

Luckily I have not seen one near me since I moved but used to work on them over 6 years ago. Horrible things always hated working on them.

Personally, I wouldn’t touch it without having done the Baxi powermax course. My opinion only.

That bad then ? I dismantled the last one I took out following the MI,s and whilst not straightforward it wasn't impossible. Would you recomend telling the customer I'm not able to service it then.? I dont want to give myself a major head ache but if I turn it down it would be the first time I've had to unbook a job.

Entirely up to you mate. I went in the course so that I was more confident. But it isn’t a service that you can do in 55 minutes. So bill accordingly.
I've had a good look at the M,Is and see what you mean, looks a bit of a pain in the backside, but needs must and all that, the customer inherited the boiler with the house purchase and sounds like they aren't very keen on it as a system. (Having recently replaced one I can see why.)
I'll take my chance follow the M,Is, phone technical if I need too and bill accordingly, I was just looking to see if there was anything in particular to watch out for really, I'll get a set of gaskets and fish out my rods.
Thanks for the info.

Similar plumbing topics

Check the emergency control valve is fully...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
Keep a diary recording the dates/times of when...
Replies
Views
hose not perished they split very easily and...
Replies
Views
Back