Pre-heat function on baxi? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pre-heat function on baxi? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

D

Deleted member 128039

I have a baxi megaflo 2 boiler and twice a day (6.30am and 5.30pm) I can hear it firing up for around 20 minutes or so. Is this normal for this type of boiler? I know some boilers have a pre-heat function that can be switched off but I’ve looked at the manual online and can’t see anything about this boiler having one. I suppose i’m just worried that the firing up twice a day when i haven’t had my heating on yet this winter is going to use energy that I don’t need to use.

System boilers wouldn‘t be fitted with preheat, that function is for Combi boilers. If it’s firing up I’d say you have a sticking microswitch in a motorised valve.

Similar plumbing topics

Modern boilers are designed to cycle once the...
Replies
Views
put the boiler on low very low and leave it...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
I suspect initially this is a failed HW two...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back