Pre-heat function on boiler question | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pre-heat function on boiler question in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi everyone I have a question which I hope to get advice on:
  • Live on 2nd floor flat
  • Boiler: Vokera Easi heat 25c combi boiler
  • Water supply: Incoming water for hot and cold water is via the mains water supply
  • Boiler on kitchen wall is about 10 metres from bathroom
  • Single mixer taps in kitchen, bathtub and bathroom basin
There is a pre-heat function on the Domestic Hot Water Dial on the boiler, I turned it on jus to see how hot the water gets and the water was the coming in at 55 degrees Celsius. When I touched the hot water flexi pipe it was roasting so my questions are:

Is it safe to leave the DHW setting on the pre-heat setting and what is the main purpose of it?
Will the flexi pipes be able to handle the hot water temp they are less than a year old throughout the flat.

Thanks for your time and any information would be great thank you :)

Pre heat function works by keeping the water upto temp so when you open a hot tap you don’t have to wait for it to heat up the water before you get hot water

Just turn the dial but it should be explained how to turn on and off in the instructions

Similar plumbing topics

I started a long winded response but deleted...
Replies
Views
Thanks for that. I'd always assumed the...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
170L is barely enough for 2 showers for us...
Replies
Views
So it isn't a boiler problem? One thing, it...
Replies
Views
Back