Preferred make of boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Preferred make of boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommo25

Gas Engineer
How picky are you when it comes to installing a new boiler? Do you prefer to keep to one manufacturer. Or just go with whatever the customer asks for?

There is a million threads on this already :confused::confused:Which one would you like me to say?:p:p
I am going to a vokera night tonight though, want to see what they are saying. :oops::oops::oops:

Everyone has their favourite. Weather it's price, quality, reputation, relationship with manufacturers or familiarity.
For me, it's vaillant.

I went to a Vokera open event last night and I NEVER EVER EVER thought I would say this but... seems ok to be honest. Some good tech inside.

On a more serious note, the majority of boilers I have fitted have been Vaillant, cannot fault them whatsoever, everything is easy from wiring to hanging it on the wall. Cannot stand Worcester, their jigs drive me mad done a few and will never recommend them, as well as from what I recall you have to fit the expansion during the install as well, find servicing the new compact ones a headache as well as Worcester in general for repairs so will always avoid them as I don't want the work down the line when their warranty runs out.

Some of the cheap ones are pretty decent, I have fitted a few Ideals mostly logic's and they're great value for money, easy to fit, repair and service.

I went to a Vokera open event last night and I NEVER EVER EVER thought I would say this but... seems ok to be honest. Some good tech inside.

I have been to a few of the new ones for servicing and they're quite smart boilers now they've caught up a bit, I would never recommend one that's like telling a friend to get a Skoda but I would fit one if the customer wanted it.

I have been to a few of the new ones for servicing and they're quite smart boilers now they've caught up a bit, I would never recommend one that's like telling a friend to get a Skoda but I would fit one if the customer wanted it.
They definitely look 100 times better than the old Linea and excels. The majority of mine at the minute are Vaillant’s, but will be fitting ATAGs soon. Thought the Vokera might be a alternative to the ideals that I fit for a landlord that I do work for? But will not know until
I fit one will I.:p:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I need someone to replace my boiler, I am...
Replies
Views
Do you know if it’s damaged more parts they...
Replies
Views
Not always smaller no, but they’re not beasts...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
IMO, the boiler should be derated to ~ 20kw...
Replies
Views
Back