Press fittings gas mechanical or not | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Press fittings gas mechanical or not in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

gingalig

Gas Engineer
Hi

I spoke to gas safe today as wanted clarification that it was or was not considered a mechanical fitting using press fittings on gas pipework, the response was that it was to new to call and i would need to speak to the manufacturere, long story short and a lot of call waitiing and i didnt get through , anyone had clarification on this ? aploogies for the spelling.

Same as soldered

So not mechanical

Think your onabout mechanical in regards to compression fittings eg removable and positioning

Yes fine where you can’t get access to

Yes treat the same as soldered

I asked GS too. Their reply:

Press end fittings should be installed following manufactures guidance, if none is available then guidance can be found in British Standard 6891:2015. Within in this standard it make multiply notes that press end fittings should not be buried underground, within walls or within floor screeds etc.

Similar plumbing topics

Yes, it's difficult to get people who don't...
Replies
Views
If you have the manufacturers instructions, go...
Replies
Views
And to make it even clearer, the fact that the...
Replies
Views
Please come back with a photo and words of the...
Replies
Views
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
Back