pressure differential diverter valve? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss pressure differential diverter valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordyjordy111

Gas Engineer
Hi lads

have just started doing a few breakdowns for my boss and would like to pose a question.

I have just put an overhaul washer kit on a pressure differential diverter valve (front pin) on main combi 30 he

I know how that part works.... venturi etc but what moves the second pin at the back. that has a small washer aswell but
my tech books only cover the front part.

is the back one connected to the heating circuit thus must be pushed up when the pump operates?

cheers

from memory the back part is spring loaded against the front part and moves with the front operation

Is he talking about the pump proving?

hi

yes i think i am

on this divertor if your run a cold tap the front pin pushes out and then the back one pushes up.

my understanding is the mains water pressure via a venturi moves the front pin but what moves the second pin
(according to the MI's this second pin is connected to the hydraulic pressure differential switch)

is it connected to the heating circuit and as you say is a pump proving mechanism???

as you said press diff moves the front assy pin and the rear follows as its spring loaded . water press pushes it back from front assy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Super late to the party but... I heard a...
Replies
Views
Hello All- (Usual caveats apply: I am the...
Replies
Views
definitely no o ring needed,i changed one...
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
C
This plumbing forum will not provide advice to...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
Back