Pressure Gauge on boiler rising even when system turned off | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pressure Gauge on boiler rising even when system turned off in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fralinren

2 weeks ago our water would not work without the heating being on. We had British Gas come take a look and the chap spent a couple of hours replacing some parts and all was well. Whilst here he recommended a Magnabooster 2 filter and we bought one on-line and a friend who is an ex-plumber fitted this last week, He drained the system and put cleanser through first then came back 2 days later and put inhibitor through and then fitted the filter and then put the leak sealer through that we had bought. We then filled up the system again and left the pressure at the top of the green triangle. That was Thursday. Last night I noticed that even when the system was on (and had been on all day) the needle was half way in the green triangle and I was worried that once the heating went off and the system cooled down then the needle would drop and possibly turned off the system completely so I repressurised the system up to the 1.5 mark which I then expected to fall to the top of the green triangle when the system cooled down. This morning I noticed that the needle was up in the red section - completely over-pressurised so I let water out of a radiator. I have continued to do this all day and even took the front off the boiler and turned the red knob that releases the pressure. I have watched the needle go down to the top of the green triangle and left it but after less than an hour the pressure has raised again - the system is not even switched on and I have checked that I have not left the filling loop open. What have I done wrong??!! I really don't want to call my plumber friend and he was here so long last week and I don't want to call British Gas as they have been out twice as well. Have I broken something??

remove the filling loop hose and chck to see if valve is passing

when your system is over pressurised go outside to the CH drain valve and release water, this is easier, repressurise to 1 bar when system is COLD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

if you can take out a good pan or two out...
Replies
Views
Reply was much appreciated, thank you.
Replies
Views
Apologies for not attaching photos but many...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
Thanks Enthalpy, Your conclusion is exactly...
Replies
Views
Back