Pressure Issue? Ariston heater | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pressure Issue? Ariston heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

neil-uk

Hi Guys,

I have a small warehouse and under the sink I have an Ariston water heater, the outputs of which are T'd to the hot tap on the sink in the kitchenette, and then go through the wall to the toilet.

There is a discharge valve, which connects to a plastic kind of thing (I'm no plumber), and which goes to the sink waste pipe.

In the system is also a white (2L?) expansion tank.

I needed to re-pipe the system as the bathroom is being re-done, so I've drained the water, done my work and connected back up.

I turned the mains water on about 1/4, could hear 'moving' water, but no idea what it was..... I then turned it up a bit, to realise that it would seem that the hot water system is releasing all the water straight down the waste sink pipe.

I turned the valve slightly which resulted in either the water leaving the system via the waste pipe either very fast or extremely fast!

I've NOT turned the electricity to the Ariston on, could this be the issue? Is it's 'off' position generally a shut off to release any incoming water?

I'm no plumber, and it seemed like an easy dismantle and repair, but this issue has come up... Can anyone help me out? How can I fix this? Have I done something stupid?

Cheers
Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am currently having issues with an...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Please let us know what it turned out to be!
Replies
Views
C
I’m not posting here to agree to do/looking...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You need a mcalpine V33WM, the site won't let...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have moved plumbing pipes for Ariston lux...
Replies
Views
Back