Pressure issues and old boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pressure issues and old boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

I’m looking for a bit of advice from Uk plumbers.

I have an old 3 storey property with an ancient boiler that I am looking at replacing.
The boiler is on the ground floor.
The electricity panel (fuse box etc) on the ground floor.
The water tank is on the second floor.
The shower is on the first floor.

The water pressure is abysmal to the shower and the radiators in the second floor rooms regularly fill with air.

I’m wanting to replace my boiler but my main concern is that if there’s a water pressure issue this won’t be remedied by a modern boiler? Do plumbers check water pressure?

Also, I think that I may be on a shared water supply with my neighbour. The stop tap is in his building (previous owner of mine sold off a section of my building). I did manage to get a water meter.

I’m just wanting to know what I can do , any enquiries with the water board etc so that I have all the information about the building that may be useful when I get a plumber round? Like if I need to get my own water supply etc...

Sorry for rambling on.

Helena ...Rambling on is ok, we are used to all sorts of people asking diverse questions on PF.
What will happen next is we will ask you technical questions about your situation, wish list etc.
So I will start it off.
1. Will it be natural gas, lpg, oil or other
2. The number of rooms in your property ..inc. bathrooms
3. Age of your property ...especially its insulation
4. Your aspirations ..off the top of your head
5. Do NOT tell us your budget but is your upgrade an economy one or higher
6. The lifestyle of your home ...empty all day during the week, number of inhabitants etc.
This is what I would look at before advising you about your heating system
centralheatking

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
the op says no water in prv balloon so not prv...
Replies
Views
Don’t know if this is the right part but...
Replies
Views
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
I
Ian Following on from the above, you say "It...
Replies
Views
Back