pressure loss on sealed system | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss pressure loss on sealed system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bigbeak07

im totally stuck with a central heating system i installed last may. everything was working fine until last dec when i got a fone call from the customer claiming that the pressure on her boiler had dropped to zero. the boiler itself is a worcester 40 cdi and was fitted onto an existing open vent system. The house is very large and over all has 9 large old double panelled radiators, without the convector fins. my immediate instinct was a small leak so i checked all the new trv and lockshield valves i had fitted for leakage and added a dose of fernox leak sealer. after a few days i got another fone call to say that the pressure had dropped again. i went back and checked the prv and expansion vessel, they were all fine, next i started to zone off the upstairs circuit from the downstairs and left this for a day to find the pressure staying up. since then i've had all the downstairs pipework (which is all copper with yorkshie fittings) exposed and have not managed to trace any weeps at all.
Could the explantion for the pressure loss be due to the expansion vessel on the boiler being too small and needing an extra one fitted?
:confused:
ive ran the boiler to correct running temperature and pressure is rising to correct 4% increase.(no overpressurising)
Ive considered repiping the downstairs circuit although the customer cannot see the point if a leak cannot be found.

everyones ideas wud b much appreciated! many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Chuck the engineer said I have replace all...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have you got any updates on this?
Replies
Views
Pin hole leak on suction side of pump.
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
Back