Pressure rising, mine and boiler ! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pressure rising, mine and boiler ! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cold_bird

I have a baxi bahama combi boiler. I noticed the pressure was lowish the other day so after bleeding radiators, repressurised after switching everything off. (Pressure now bang on middle of green)

After turning system on, pressure kept rising and now, although at top of green when off, goes up in red when on.

Have taken about 4 bucketfulls of water out of system by using bleeding (literally) valve when system off and standing like a pillock with bucket. Made no difference.

Am very nervous system going to pack up over weekend. Lovely man who does our system can't come till next week and doesn't want to give advice on phone.

Any suggestions ? Should I be taking more water out (we have long thin house) so system must have miles of pipes.

thank you in advance,

Cold_bird

It sounds like the expansion vessel is not working correctly, it needs to be checked by a gas safe engineer

A Bahama? Rare as hens teeth now! As above check silver filling loop is fully shut off first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

the pressure of my boiler looks unstable...
Replies
Views
Reply was much appreciated, thank you.
Replies
Views
Apologies for not attaching photos but many...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
thank you, good tip, I will try
Replies
Views
Back