price Increase | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss price Increase in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably mate yes. I feel I need to earn more

I keep prices the same just start charging for extra bits I used to do for free i.e taking away the rubbish

I am attempting to only do work for people who pay well and reasonably promptly.
At least that is for the majority of work.

No price increase but going to try a different approach for boiler quotes
Just quote the minimum then offer filter, flush, shock arrest & controls etc etc as an extra instead of a high price including everything to meet MIs
Seem to be losing out on too many

Just quote the minimum then offer filter, flush, shock arrest & controls etc etc as an extra instead of a high price including everything to meet MIs

Funny enough thats a route i am thinking about when it comes to boiler quotes

A BG style quote with a compliance pack
lime fighter
Shock arrestor
Magnetic filter

If they decline and warranty is not valid its up to them

I Usually do the full package and boiler changes can come out quite expensive ,
all it takes is some muppet to price against me with half those bits missing and hey presto lost the job.

Also starting to have a preference now for fitting worcesters as they guarantee the others offer warranties,
Warranty they can walk away from .

Offer the "Extras" as "Options". Makes the customer feel in charge an demonstrates you are not wanting to cut corners.

I'm going to start offering cheaper option boilers with increased margin. I'm sure people just see the bottom line.
All controls are extra options, if they don't want them so be it. But I will still insist on fitting Magna cleans, I don't need want the manufacturers slating me for sludge.

I'm going to start offering cheaper option boilers with increased margin. I'm sure people just see the bottom line.
All controls are extra options, if they don't want them so be it. But I will still insist on fitting Magna cleans, I don't need want the manufacturers slating me for sludge.

Do you also fit a lime fighter and shock arrestor as standard?

Do you also fit a lime fighter and shock arrestor as standard?

Never needed either of those. hex,s are stainless steel, so nothing sticks to them. Never had one block in the domestic side.
Never needed a shock arrestor either.

Never needed either of those. hex,s are stainless steel, so nothing sticks to them. Never had one block in the domestic side.
Never needed a shock arrestor either.
Vaillant?
Worth checking the Manufacturers instructions, I think most state thats its required now.

same here increase profit margins. And split the customers from tights arses and quality customers and quote accordingly

Ideal instinct for me sold by james hargreaves
Basically an logic with a differant fascia on front. I pay £510.00 plus vat inc filter and chemicals. I save the filter for better paying jobs.
I can get a vokera excell for about £450.00 inc vat but they are pants boilers

This

I like the Ideal independant just not sure about Ideal at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
  • Question
Has the world gone crazy, tool prices So, a...
Replies
Views
Dustydazzler
D
  • Article
That is insane! This autumn is another proof...
Replies
Views
I work in social housing so doesn't affect me...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
Only? I am surprised but thanks for the input.
Replies
Views
Price and availablity for a Megaflow CL170...
Replies
Views
Back