Price Work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Price Work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

A

Aqua Mechanica

Thought I'd put this up just to see how it fluctuates from area to area and from firm to firm (I'll start): -

Install on new build flats and maisonettes in North, East and South London for Watkins Plumbing: -

Bath: £40
Basin with Ped: £20
Close Coup WC: £20
Kitchen Sink and pipework for D/W & W/M: £28
Kitchen Carcass: £10
WC CLoak Carcass: £12
Bathroom Carcass: £15
Thermostatic Shower Valve: £15

System Boiler: £100 (including pipework)
Unvented HWSC: £130 (including pipework)
Heating Manifold: £30

Copy and paste this below and alter prices accordingly

Last edited by a moderator:
You work as a Self Employed Sub Contractor on Pricework?

What's normal then? This is all I've ever known???

This is what a plumber on site done for £230, he argued for more but got no where.

DSC00869.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here goes:
Unvented cylinder ALL pipework 85.00
System boiler 25.00
Bath 25.00
Basin 20
Wc 20
Combi boiler 45.00
Rads 10 each
Kit sink all pipework w/mchn dish/wash waster etc 20.00
Gas meter pipework + connect 10.00
Mixer shwr 15.00
1st fix 4bed house 230.00
soils 15.00 per floor incl wastes
gas carcass from front of hs to back incl.chasing out taping clipping 40.00:eek:
Drill joists noggings 40.00
Pressure test 32.00
lagging 30.00
Wet test after 2nd fix 15.00
Full commission flush cleaner inhibiter certs 40.00

new work is always crap prices but the thing is its repetetive first flat is hard and after 3 you get into the swing and you can knock them out very quicki assume the prices for a wc' bath ' basin or rad is on work thats already carcased its most likly plastic as well which is quick
its not like going to a different job each day
plus one inhibitor and cleanser does 3 houses and you sell the other two

Last edited:
if i was stuck on those jobs i whould be filling up the van at knocking off time for sure.
you can see where these rates come from cant you, eastern labour rates.
bet the costing put down to the job for the new build is £2,200 for plumbing labour.

Bathrooms all copper tails. Lots of different house types recently and different systems going in so most days job takes some thinking about so difficult to make money. you order your own stuff as well.

Well you can't really, after days off for bank holidays, problems with materials not turning up, problems with engineers and managers making their minds up, problems with company politics, you don't get much.

Most I earnt was £1200 for two weeks, worst two weeks was £200 (I was fuming).

That's why I'm looking for better

Well you can't really, after days off for bank holidays, problems with materials not turning up, problems with engineers and managers making their minds up, problems with company politics, you don't get much.

Most I earnt was £1200 for two weeks, worst two weeks was £200 (I was fuming).

That's why I'm looking for better
most i ever earnt was that in a day last summer!!!!!:eek:

so one job a fortnight looks easier than 10 days graft imo.

Back