pricing costs / labor time to replace flexible coupling | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss pricing costs / labor time to replace flexible coupling in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

V

very tired

Good morning, I thought I would try here first before going elsewhere. in short I had a septic system flexible coupling needing replacing. Backed up waste water.
It was less than a meter down and took plumbers less than 1/2 to diagnose
I was charged $1560 originally
Spoke to plumber to contest as was exorbitantly which my usual awesome plumber said would have taken an hour or so to replace.
Plumber brought down price to $860
I paid $1000 out of goodwill and to just be done with it.
A month later get another email asking for another $180
Am I being scammed please?
To be honest the $860 still sounded excessive, however I just wanted to be over and done with it and not go back to that one, but even after giving them almost $200 more they are now asking for another $180 a month later?
I'm not sure whether to go to fair trading or so he ACCC for scams?
How long should it usually take to dig less than a meter down and replace a flexible coupling?
and how much is it reasonable to charge per hour before becoming extortion?
thank you for your time

Weren't you quoted first and why didn’t your normal plumber do it ?

Fair trading won't do anything.

Just ignore the extra invoice.

I hope you have emails or the like that can prove they dropped their price to $860.00.

Was it a franchise type company that did the work for you?

Similar plumbing topics

R
  • Question
Anything under £500 is good value I'd say just...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If you're not happy with the quote get another...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
It’s Friday night and I’m having a drink...
Replies
Views
J
Replies
Views
  • Question
Well done! If I am ever supplied with a valve...
Replies
Views
Back