pricing up work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss pricing up work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

wanttolearn

Gas Engineer
Hi guys I know we are not allowed to speak about this topic but could someone pm a guide price on the work that I got to do.
Straight swap for a toilet
take bath out and put bidet in
fit a new shower screen
Fit outside tap
I am currently working towards my nvq level 2 so I can be assessed whilst I'm doing this work. So I know I'm learning and going to be slower than you guys but will be done to the best of my abilities.
I am living in south wales any info much appreciated

Too many variables without seeing it mate
Where are you in the country?
Who is supplying what?
Are pipework alterations necessary?
The list goes on
Also if you are doing your nvq shouldn't you be doing this with someone????

Do it as ''cheap'' as you possibly can. Consider it a 'means to an end' as this will enable you get the accessmemt you want. There is no logical reason not to do it to a good standard and as your price will be ''reasonable'', the customer will be in no position to complain if you take long to finish the job. And after that, he/she will tell friends all about your good work and how ''reasonable'' your prices are:) It will then be up to you to turn down the loads of new work, or tell them you have upped your prices as that was just a one-off

Do it as ''cheap'' as you possibly can. Consider it a 'means to an end' as this will enable you get the accessmemt you want. There is no logical reason not to do it to a good standard and as your price will be ''reasonable'', the customer will be in no position to complain if you take long to finish the job. And after that, he/she will tell friends all about your good work and how ''reasonable'' your prices are:) It will then be up to you to turn down the loads of new work, or tell them you have upped your prices as that was just a one-off
Thanks a lot for taking time and to post a reply. I got a rough price which I had in mind but just wanted other people views on the matter.
I have already fitted a few bathroom suites so I know I'm confident of taking on this task and do a good job but I find it difficult to price stuff up at the moment by being new to the game. Thanks

Thanks a lot for taking time and to post a reply. I got a rough price which I had in mind but just wanted other people views on the matter.
I have already fitted a few bathroom suites so I know I'm confident of taking on this task and do a good job but I find it difficult to price stuff up at the moment by being new to the game. Thanks

If you know what your doing and your finish is spot on then charge the full rate! It's what you deserve if your work is good!

Obviously I still got a long way to go before I can charge the going rate. It's just good experience for me at the moment and I'm learning so much and really am enjoying it ��

Add up all of your costs to run your business for the year, divide that by 48 weeks divide by 5 days divide by number of hours you want to work per day, then add on the wage you wish to earn

General Principles:- You get more of the work you price too low and less of the work you price too high. Also, jobs that go well take less time than jobs that go badly. So unless you're content to spend most of your time on troublesome under priced work:
Price for wage plus a profit element to cover risk of variables. Your biggest variable is usually the client

Similar plumbing topics

Hi mate i did a fast track MLP course it was...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am currently at college studying for my...
Replies
Views
D
The return temperature at the boiler governs...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, my name's Loren, I'm 31 and I...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your response, they're dreyton...
Replies
Views
Back