Prima corroded flue. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Prima corroded flue. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalked

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Came across a prima today, while doing a job next door. Flue terminal was facing the property i was working on.
the centre of the terminal was missing , so I had a quick look inside. Big hole on the inner flue. Had a word with the owner, she said it had been serviced by a large national company 2 months ago!

found a replacement online. Do these swap easy ?
[DLMURL]http://www.gas-spares.co.uk/CATALOGUE/POTTERTON-MYSON-SPARES/BOILERS-STDSYSTEM/PRIMAPROFILE-Range/POTTERTON-PRIMA-basic-range/PRIMA-50F/FLUE-REMEDIAL-KIT-terminal-Cw-inner-flue-pipe[/DLMURL]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited by a moderator:
Came across a prima today, while doing a job next door. Flue terminal was facing the property i was working on.
the centre of the terminal was missing , so I had a quick look inside. Big hole on the inner flue. Had a word with the owner, she said it had been serviced by a large national company 2 months ago!

found a replacement online. Do these swap easy ?
[DLMURL="http://www.gas-spares.co.uk/CATALOGUE/POTTERTON-MYSON-SPARES/BOILERS-STDSYSTEM/PRIMAPROFILE-Range/POTTERTON-PRIMA-basic-range/PRIMA-50F/FLUE-REMEDIAL-KIT-terminal-Cw-inner-flue-pipe"]FLUE REMEDIAL KIT terminal C/w inner flue pipe - Gas Appliance Spares (Preston) Ltd[/DLMURL]

remove old terminal that new one slides over so quite east to do,its called a remedial kit

Last edited by a moderator:
TYeah remove the old terminal and they slide over he old inner flue,

I don't do massive amounts of servicing. This must he a common problem?

There is 2 different sizes of remedial flue. Have one of each in van. These flues are like tinfoil.
You just cut the remedial flue to size si it overlaps the corroded inner by few inches.

There is 2 different sizes of remedial flue. Have one of each in van. These flues are like tinfoil.
You just cut the remedial flue to size si it overlaps the corroded inner by few inches.
i bet I've ordered the wrong one!

They are easy to fit as long as the flue is out far enough so that the cement don't cover the screws you need to undo to get the terminal off!! then its a bit of a pig.

They are easy to fit as long as the flue is out far enough so that the cement don't cover the screws you need to undo to get the terminal off!! then its a bit of a pig.
More often than not these are the ones that need changed.
You chisel away rock hard cement to expose the screw heads which are all rusted and damaged. A 20 min job taking an hour. :annoyed:

impact driver or/and a quality hss bit,screws not normally hard to drill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
We're more than happy to help you, just not in...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
M
thats got nothing to do with flues though
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
B
Its very easy to do.
Replies
Views
P
I'd just add to test the supply air at the...
Replies
Views
shorticus
S
send a pm to either gas man or redsaw with...
Replies
Views
PlumbBobBob
P
Back