Prima F crazy burner behaviour! | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Prima F crazy burner behaviour! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

gassafe

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just been to a potterton prima F, it starts fine, but after around a minute, the burner starts trying to cut out, the flame is lifting off burner etc before it eventually cuts out! I thought the gas valve was failing and not keeping gas open but its a constant 9 Mbar!

Upon checking the outside terminal to check the fan is staying on I noticed the last 3 inches of flue has rotted through at the bottom! Would this be enough to cause my crazy gas burner flame picture? I have never seen this before on a burner with holes in inner flue!

Is it easy to fit a new inner flue, or is it not worth it on this old thing?

Yes it would be enough and its very common on these. You can get a flue remedial kit for them its dead simple to do takes about 20 mins to fit it.

As has been said the flue remedial kit is very easy to fit unless the screws on the terminal have been cemented over when sealing the flue. It is literally three screws to take terminal off and slide new kit over the old inner flue.

What's happening is the products of combustion are re-entering the boiler through the defective flue, depleting the O2 and causing the burner to search for air, hence the lift off. Bet your bottom dollar the combustion is rank too. Huge amount of CO if you ECGA it.

Over 6000 ppm usually when they go. Flame stays blue though just dances all.over the place!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I think they are set to overrun at above 80°c...
Replies
Views
I thought I’d follow up in case someone else...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
S
Was in region of £30 I think. Flue remedial...
Replies
Views
Back