Pro Combi 85 he leaking AAV | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pro Combi 85 he leaking AAV in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RPDS

Morning all. I've been to a call out where the customer was reporting water leaking from their 4 year old combi boiler after it had been running for 10 minutes or so.

Went to have a look and the pressure was at 2 bar as the filling loop was permanently on. Turned it off got the pressure down to 1 bar and tried it and sure enough after 10 minutes running, water was spurting from the aav. Thinking it was a stright forward fix, I've replaced the aav, and cleaned off the seating, but it does exactly the same thing.

I've rung the technical helpline and the guy basically said that shouldn't happen(!) and the boiler's knackered and needs replacing. I can't help thinking that he's fobbed me off a bit and there should surely be a fix for this, however I'm stuck for ideas and don't want to go throwing money (other peoples) at it if it really is knackered.

On a side note that may or may not be related, sometimes the burner will go out before the aav leaks (and when I say leaks, it pours) fan still runs etc but I get a green flashing light every second ish.

No sign of water coming out of the prv which I would have expected with the filling loop permanently on.

I am gsr but not much experience so any help would be appreciated

is the pressure gauge giving the right reading?check expansion vessel also.

It starts leaking from the aav at about 1.5 to 2 bar and the prv wouldn't kick in until 3 bar would it?

IIRC most AAV's are rated to 10bar.
If you replaced with new AAV, it must be faulty in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks Chuck for the quick response I...
Replies
Views
I have a baxi neta tec combi ga24, if it was a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
you probably sorted this by now, but as a leak...
Replies
Views
Again, ongoing thanks. I'll have to get to my...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the draincock/valve on the hall...
Replies
Views
Back