PRO COMBI EXCLUSIVE 30KW BOILER OR WORCESTER GREENSTAR 28i JUNIOR COND BOILER? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss PRO COMBI EXCLUSIVE 30KW BOILER OR WORCESTER GREENSTAR 28i JUNIOR COND BOILER? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jamie K

Gents (and ladies)...

Can you please give us some advice?

I've had two quotes from the same plumber for fitting a condensing boiler. He's provided two options:

Option A: PRO COMBI EXCLUSIVE 30KW BOILER
Option B: WORCESTER GREENSTAR 28i JUNIOR CONDENSING BOILER

Option B is about £400.00 more expensive as this is a better boiler.

Can someone please give me their opinion of the Pro Combi Exclusive Boiler (which I believe has Ideal parts)?
We plan to stay in this current house for two-three years, so I don't want to spend a fortune on installing a good quality boiler if a medium quality one will do...having said that, I don't want to install a cheap boiler; with all the problems that this might bring...

Any feedback would be appreciated

Best Regards

Jamie

Worcester is a No No for me, What about the Ideal Logic + (7 year warranty) cant comment on the Pro, depends on how much you want to spend ! if you go for the Ideal, when you sell your house it will still have 4 years warranty on it, makes a good selling point.

Worcester is a No No for me, What about the Ideal Logic + (7 year warranty) cant comment on the Pro, depends on how much you want to spend ! if you go for the Ideal, when you sell your house it will still have 4 years warranty on it, makes a good selling point.

Thanks for the advice...that makes good sense regarding the Ideal Logic + (with 7 years warranty).

WHICH rated Worcester Bosch as the best boiler; do they have inherent problems??

Worcester are good boilers, I have fitted loads over the past 5 years and had very few problems with them.

Gents (and ladies)...
Option A: PRO COMBI EXCLUSIVE 30KW BOILER
Option B: WORCESTER GREENSTAR 28i JUNIOR CONDENSING BOILER

Option B is about £400.00 more expensive as this is a better boiler.

Can someone please give me their opinion of the Pro Combi Exclusive Boiler (which I believe has Ideal parts)?
We plan to stay in this current house for two-three years, so I don't want to spend a fortune on installing a good quality boiler if a medium quality one will do...having said that, I don't want to install a cheap boiler; with all the problems that this might bring...

Without a doubt I would would put in the ProCombi Exclusive. This is the ideal logic boiler in a different case (warranty is less than the logic, similar to the independent). Will put on in my own house (replacing a worcester bosch), as soon as I get round to it!!!

Thanks for your response. Seems like everyone has different experiences...

last pro combi i touched was a rebadged vokera. Not seen one thats an ideal in drag so cant comment. If its not much of a difference in price i would rather fit one with the actual manufactures badge if it gets you a better warrantee.

The latest pro combi is as mentioned a Ideal logic in a differant case, personally i would pay a bit more and go for a Logic+ out of the options mentioned above, as mentioned 7 years p&l warranty at the moment

Get yourself a Worcester registered installer and you"ll get a 7 year warrenty on it anyway

WHICH rated Worcester Bosch as the best boiler; do they have inherent problems??

Yes. Because of the pricing subsidies they give to the big boys, us mere peasants pay nearly twice the price for the same product. They are a decent boiler, no worse (or better than any other) but they are easy to fit and very well promoted and they do have a very good (one of the best) back up service.

Thanks. Is there a boiler that everyone in the trade seems to rate?

No, everyone will have their own opinion on which is best and will recommend it accordingly. It's all about trusting your installer and making sure you get a decent warranty on the boiler.

if its a choice between the wb and the pro combi i would go with the pro combi exclusive if you only gonna be there 2-3 years but it should be a bigger price difference than £400 as procombi are very very cheap compared to wb's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
If you have the right temperature rise for the...
Replies
Views
I also thought it was 10:1, for the 4000 and...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Worcester normally have a section in the...
Replies
Views
Hi Shaun Why do you say installation is key...
Replies
Views
Alan 48
A
Back