probably the best boiler ever made | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss probably the best boiler ever made in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevetheplumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
ive just been to a vaillant t3w sine 18 got to be nearly 30 years old
It was loosing through the prv ,both iso valves turned of without leaking and after refilling the prv apears to have stopped leaking
every screw came out and went back in no problem
probably the best engineered boiler ever

ive just been to a vaillant t3w sine 18 got to be nearly 30 years old
It was loosing through the prv ,both iso valves turned of without leaking and after refilling the prv apears to have stopped leaking
every screw came out and went back in no problem
probably the best engineered boiler ever

Teutonic egineering at its best,probably why there not in the same boat as the UK,my brother works in a German owned factory in the UK any tool in there has 'made in germany' on it, all the bosses cars straight from germany,.If the UK hadnt turned its back on manufactering ,and its obcession with houses banks and estate agents ,things might not be so doom now.(yes i know i go on a bit)

somebody from sheffield who has a strong opinion about the lack of british manufacturing, Shock! NOT :)

The UK will never get out of this mess until it returns to a manufacturing based economy. These days everyone seems to work in an office & they all generate absolutely nothing in terms of real material added value.
UK manufacturing was badly damaged by the union barrons in the seventies but the subsequent intervention of bean counters & asset strippers of the eighties did more lasting damage.

Potterton Suprima - Love them old girls....not their boards, but love the rest. Sure we'll see some of them still working away for many moons to come.

Last edited:
The UK will never get out of this mess until it returns to a manufacturing based economy. These days everyone seems to work in an office & they all generate absolutely nothing in terms of real material added value.
UK manufacturing was badly damaged by the union barrons in the seventies but the subsequent intervention of bean counters & asset strippers of the eighties did more lasting damage.

Nice to see i am amongst like minded people.

I watched a programme about this not too long ago and where we make most money is on inventing and making and developing new products ready for manufacture. Our labour costs are too high for manufacturing but countries throughout the world are happy to pay good money for our new products, manufacture the product and sell it to us for a good price for us to sell to ourselves or export for a good commission.

McLaren was one of the examples where they make and create world class engineering products - if they only manufactured they'd make nothing like the money they do now.

We do, in this country, have a huge amount of non-jobs and spend far too much on the public sector which doesn't earn income for the country. So if these jobs could be manufacturing instead then I'd agree that we'd be much wealthier as a nation.

PS - I saw a job for a satellite tv company once - it was called Earth Segment Director.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You'd have to have gas meter removed if you...
Replies
Views
Well a week today since boiler played up 5...
Replies
Views
There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
What exactly do you mean by it wasn't...
Replies
Views
Working at a flow temp of 30 ? As a dt of 30...
Replies
Views
Back