Problem Altech pump cold water pressure | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
Guest viewing is limited

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Problem Altech pump cold water pressure in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

I have an Altech shower pump GWMAP284. Suddenly this morning the water pressure reduced, and the temperature increased. It seems like the cold water pressure has disappeared. I'm quite sure no taps have been closed. I suppose there could be a blockage in the cold supply, but seems unlikely? Any tips please....

IMG_6375.JPG

Blocked filter where pipework joins pump? Is there a chance that the pump ran dry ie drained more water out of the loft tank than it could refill if that makes sense, if yes it could be an air lock? Any chance of more pics to show the hot and cold pipework into the pump. Might shed some light

Blocked filter where pipework joins pump? Is there a chance that the pump ran dry ie drained more water out of the loft tank than it could refill if that makes sense, if yes it could be an air lock? Any chance of more pics to show the hot and cold pipework into the pump. Might shed some light
Thank you for all this good advice. Unfortunately though the situation evolved quickly - the next time the shower was used the pump sprung a huge leak - so now I'm getting it replaced. Much appreciated though.

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A very rough calculation maybe using a UPS 3...
Replies
Views
  • Question
What type of cylinder do you have?
Replies
Views
  • Question
How high is the hill 40m as that will add 4...
Replies
Views
V
  • Question
As above, and did you check the suitability of...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back