Problem repressurising a Worcester 28i Junior Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Problem repressurising a Worcester 28i Junior Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oscar

Hi everyone,

I've got a little problem with my boiler and any advice would be absolutely brilliant. I recently noticed that my hot water was cutting out when I showered and I think the problem is that my boiler needs repressurising. I went on the Worcester website and found a video which takes you through repressurising using an internal filling key.

I've followed the instructions to the letter but as soon as I go to pull the internal filling key out, water comes pouring out of my boiler. On the video he says that if lots of water comes out that's due to the nuts needing tightening, but I've done that and every time water shoots out when I remove the key.

Thanks very much,

Max

boiler pressure isn't related to hot water but to heating. do you have a thermostatic mixer shower by any chance? most likely the thermostatic shower valve needs looking at. oh and welcome to the forums.

alittle water is normal, alot of water isnt. asuming you have turned the tap off?

i agree with steve, the shower issue is probably the shower. If your other hot taps run ok without the boiler cutting out then its not the boiler.

if it has not been serviced recently then id suggest asking your service engineer to check pout the filling key issue while doing a service.

welcome to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Maybe it's one to pass off to worcester 🤷‍♂️
Replies
Views
Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Could be right above the boiler pipework or...
Replies
Views
S
Could be Rubbish blocking the pressure gauge and...
Replies
Views
Back