Problem - Vaillant boiler knob | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Problem - Vaillant boiler knob in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Friends

A Vaillant boiler - one of the grey knobs is broken, I bought new ones - they come is three's, anyway, the grey knob has a clear plastic centered spindle thing and it's snapped off in the hole.

I can't get the bigger out!!!! Any suggestions?

Shall I try drilling it with a fine drill bit - bit risky.

I'm stuck,

Rct

Here's a pic
61e19d47d20b6b1a5db332d6f50c9ce9.jpg

Isn't the spindle into a potentiometer on the pcb? Just take it apart the boards pop out really quick on a vaillant.

Take pcb out and push it back out the front. I've done loads of these and never had one stuck.

Even thinking about using a drill is scary!! These push into a potentiometer in the PCB...! You may need to take the pcb out to get the bit that's snapped out?

How competent do you feel about stripping it down? If not get someone who knows a bit more about it IMO....

I might try the superglue method to try to pull it out. If not I'll get a gas safe man to do it.

Thx all.

leave well alone if you arent gas safe as you say and leave off messing with super glue, you know your only option.

Both my Knobs are broken (oo-er) they are both up at Max do i'm happy :lol:

you do need to get the board out for these as the bro
ken bit only comes out from behind the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Valliant controls are ok if you're good with...
Replies
Views
Gonna wait til Xmas day, then knock on his...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Worcester normally have a section in the...
Replies
Views
A RGI may be able (on advice) to range rate...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
Back