Problem with high level cistern on toilet | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Problem with high level cistern on toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TSB1989

hey, emergency here would greatly appreciate help. I have just installed a new high level cistern in my house and have set the siphon to the lowest setting (6l) and it is chucking it out of the toilet bowl, so much so that its splashing over the floor, how can i adjust it so that none overspills onto the vinyl, my initial thought was to place some sort of plug in one of the holes as it enters the back of the toilet pan, but i dont think it would really alter things much. the incoming supply fills up slowly so it cannot be a factor. PLEASE HELP!!

lol, but no, would greatly appreciate an idea. We have guests tomorrow, so I really want to get it done sometime tonight if possible!!!!

If it is an old pan,rather than block holes up,check that scale ect has not partly blocked them,causing uneven ,higher pressure jet spread,especially main water outlet at rear of pan,also check selector holes in pan inlet if any,were flush pipe goes into pan are clear
:)

"Low level"type pan not compatable with "high level" cistern

reduce the flush pipe to 32mm and use a 90 degree bend as it enters pan, that should reduce flow by 30% or so.

Is there not some type of flow restrictor baffle on the market?

Easy. Remove flush pipe at back of pan, Cut a slither (1inch) of plastic pipe (preferable same diameter as flush pipe), then pinch together with fingers and insert into flush pipe, reconnect to pan (you may at this stage need to replace rubber/plastic connector), hey ho, you've created a restrictor. If this then doesnt give enough flush then reduce the size of the bit of pipe you squeezed in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Alright then. Thank you Ben-gee for your...
Replies
Views
Okay I’ll give it a try, thanks for your replies.
Replies
Views
Good need mate. Thanks for the feedback.
Replies
Views
ok thanks.
Replies
Views
Thanks for the chuckle. Trying really hard so...
Replies
Views
Back