problem with my baxi potterton performa 28 boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss problem with my baxi potterton performa 28 boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

corns87

My boilers been working ok but from nowhere the flame failure warning light as come on and the boiler won't reset. When l hold it in the reset position you hear a surging noice but no clicking or sounds of the boiler firing up. Any ideas what this may be? The water pressure is fine.
Thanks,
Miss Tina Corns.

Not something you can fix yourself unfortunantely. Post your location or try User PlumbersForums.net Instead - Copy the content, don't link to it.co.uk

Hi Tina, :welcome: to the forum :) Check that you have gas, no one has knocked the meter handle and there's plenty on the meter if yours is pre-payment! Other than that you'll need someone to take a look at it I'm afraid :)

Can you still tell me what you think it could be though please?

Yes the gas is on and working fine. Do you have any ideas as to what it may be?

Hi, You need an experienced Gas Safe Engineer, if it's the 30 degree light, it could be;- ignition/sensing, no gas thro' gas valve or pcb... It's not a diy job I'm affraid.

It could be
Pump, Pump proving switch, fan, APS, Stats, Gas valve, PCB etc.

Really it could be anything it is so hard to guess it needs somebody to carry out certain checks on it.

Your description does not give enough information to give you anything but the vaguest of possibilities Tina :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
it may only be and ing unit fail but as Ric...
Replies
Views
Just happened to be rummaging around on the...
Replies
Views
This is the wiring diagram Tado sent me for my...
Replies
Views
Depending on model it might be auto ignition...
Replies
Views
Back