Problem with newish Vaillant thermostat | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Problem with newish Vaillant thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

I had a new Vaillant boiler installed March 2018 with a new Vaillant thermostat on the wall about 2.5 metres from the boiler. I had a message 2 wks ago to change the batteries on the thermostat which I did. Today, (as advised previously by the installer) I switched the boiler on for a short while just to check everything was hunkydory, as it has been in "summer" mode since May. Trouble was, it didn't seem to want to come out of summer mode. Although it said it was in Auto mode, the timer programmes screen and the desired temperatures screen came up blank.
I rang the installer who talked me through a factory reset of the thermostat, which worked ok but I had to reprogram everything, of course. Is this going to be the case every time the batteries need changing? Is there any way I can avoid this?

I had a new Vaillant boiler installed March 2018 with a new Vaillant thermostat on the wall about 2.5 metres from the boiler. I had a message 2 wks ago to change the batteries on the thermostat which I did. Today, (as advised previously by the installer) I switched the boiler on for a short while just to check everything was hunkydory, as it has been in "summer" mode since May. Trouble was, it didn't seem to want to come out of summer mode. Although it said it was in Auto mode, the timer programmes screen and the desired temperatures screen came up blank.
I rang the installer who talked me through a factory reset of the thermostat, which worked ok but I had to reprogram everything, of course. Is this going to be the case every time the batteries need changing? Is there any way I can avoid this?
You normally get a 30 ish window to change the batteries before these things play up.

Sorry, not sure what you mean by a 30ish window? I normally have been checking the thermostat at least every day or two, so the maximum time the "change batteries" message would have been there would have been a couple of days.

I have had this a few times last year, with both Honeywell and Vaillant wireless thermostats.

My advise is to fit the highest quality batteries that you can afford. That seems to resolve the issue - I used to use the “10 batteries for a pound from Poundland” - but no more!

tbh any main brand of batteries will do just change them yearly and as harv said you do have to be quick

Similar plumbing topics

Have you read the installation bumf (See...
Replies
Views
So I've used a wireless thermostat to activate...
Replies
Views
Thank you all so much for your replies. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi did you manage to decommission it l am...
Replies
Views
Worthy
W
Thanks I'll contact my plumber again.
Replies
Views
Back