Problem with shower - MIRA Shower leaking | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Problem with shower - MIRA Shower leaking in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Good afternoon guys,

I was wondreing if anyone could help with the issue I have at home.

I have a MIRA offset quadrant shower (built around 3/4 years ago approx), and I am having leakings (see attached the photos). I have tried to put some silicone several times but the water is still going out somehow from where the wall connects to the tray and from where the tray connects with the enclosure, and I presume the floor is quite wet at this point.

I am no expert in removing the tray, so I was wondering if it would be better ask a plumber to come, lift the shower and try to get it installed properly or change shower straight away and ensure whoever comes and installs it does it in a proper way.

I was wondering if I could get some ideas, so I don't spend a lot of money on this!

Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20210428_153112.jpg
    IMG_20210428_153112.jpg
    517.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20210428_153105.jpg
    IMG_20210428_153105.jpg
    494.5 KB · Views: 30
What’s your seal around the tray like in the corner screen end ?

Upvote 0
What’s your seal around the tray like in the corner screen end ?
Thanks for your response mate. We are using the Diall silicone for Bathrooms & Kitchens (attached a couple of photos).

I am just worried because from downstairs we can see some marks of water on the ceiling which worries me (the water is coming from the leaking of the shower).

I am just thinking if it should be better to replace the shower and get a new one with an installation, or just hire someone to lift the shower, and install the same one but in a better way!

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• IMG_20210428_191900.jpg
    IMG_20210428_191900.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20210428_191906.jpg
    IMG_20210428_191906.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 24
Upvote 0
You did silicon around the tray ?

Upvote 0
You’ve done it good enough sounds like it’s tracking from somewhere

Upvote 0
Chances are lifting it / removing it could damage it you could ask someone to try and you’ll accept the responsibility if it breaks etc or just get new chances are tiles might be Damaged either way tho

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi guys, new to this forum, was looking for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
As an update, what I did was: Applied a blob...
Replies
Views
  • Question
What's wrong with tray on floorboards? If for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Install timbers instead of the crap legs
Replies
Views
Back