Problem with system: boiler only fires up in hw mode | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Problem with system: boiler only fires up in hw mode in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gasfun

Hi,
Went to a customer today. System with heat only boiler. the boiler fires up in hot water demand , but not in ch mode.if hot water and central heating are called for everything works fine. My thoughts are diverter valve. But then boiler would fire up when ch is called for?

So has a 3 port valve?

Because it saves time in the long run.......

Probably the synchron motor in the 3 port valve has failed. When you select hot water, the boiler will fire without any input from the 3 port. The 3 port only does something when heating is selected.

Thanks guys. Y Plan system. Going back tomorrow. Planning rocks yeh

You're mid position actuator is goosed. You could change just the syncron motor, but I usually change the complete head.

Yes thanks. I just changed it and works fine. I just didn't know that the 3 way valve signals the boiler to fire up in central heating mode. Need to do the honeywell course asap. Thanks again for the help gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I don’t know your boiler but would expect it...
Replies
Views
I don't believe moving the manual lever over...
Replies
Views
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back