Problem with thermostatic shower pipes | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Problem with thermostatic shower pipes in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

06984FA6-846A-4436-A0A4-CC38D16D57B3.jpeg
Had a plumber run some pipes for a bar shower, I’ve since plastered over them and tiled the bathroom. When he’s returned he can’t fit the shower because the 15mm elbows are protruding from the face of the tile.

I’m looking for a suitable shower fixing kit, if available, that will help us get round the problem so I don’t have to knock the tiles off and chase the wall.

Cheers

sorry to say non

guess the copper pipe in the wall is touching the back of the tiles?

Upvote 0
Gutted!

Just sitting proud of the finished plaster ever so slightly, had to chase the back of tile over vertical part of elbow. Didn’t think it would be a problem as didn’t really know how the shower fitted to pipework.

Cheers for getting back to me.

Upvote 0
No don't think you will have to remove the bath and yes the pipes need to be level with the brick so that the elbow isn't going past the back of the tile

Upvote 0
View attachment 32629 Just found these on screwfix, does anyone have any experience of using them? It says it’s for uneven or misaligned pipework, just wondering if it would get round the issue.

Cheers

Sorry to say no as they won't take the fitting

Upvote 0
View attachment 32629 Just found these on screwfix, does anyone have any experience of using them? It says it’s for uneven or misaligned pipework, just wondering if it would get round the issue.

Cheers

I use them a lot but Shaun is dead right .
However if you know an engineer who could use a lathe or milling machine it would only want a small amount of brass removing to the depth of the fitting.

Upvote 0
I’ve got a conical hole cutter tho it’s irrelevant now as they’ve been discontinued and can’t find any at a reasonable price (found some on eBay for £49!!)

Thanks for your help.

You can get them from all plumbers merchants, a conical cutter wouldnt work , if you know one its a very easy job for an engineer

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

D
  • Question
Post a pic Could be you carefully break out...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
If it was on a job of mine I would cut it out...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Many thanks, Ben-gee - that's very useful...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
  • Question
What is your source of hot water? What bar...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Can you measure that flowrate with the shower...
Replies
Views
Back