Problems with Ferroili he31c | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter daniel3982
  • Start date
  • Replies 1
  • Views 778

Discuss Problems with Ferroili he31c in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daniel3982

Hi,

We live in a rented house & have had problems with our boiler since Day 1. Mainly in that although water comes out the taps lovely & toasty 80% of the time you stop running the tap the boiler trips and you need to reset it. Whether this is doing the dishes or having a bath; very annoying!

Worse than that though is as at present periodically it just stops heating the house at all. There's no error code on the display and it still works using the tap but just sits at 05 on the display when not running the tap with a little sun symbol in the top left.

I've changed the batteries in the thermostat and made sure that the settings are all correct on that but to no avail.

From reading these forums it sounds like our boiler is a peace of tat & when I asked the landlord's plumber about our problems he basically shrugged & said "that's the thing with these boilers, you'll just have to reset it"... The fact our central heating is only installed upstairs shows you the tightness we're dealing with!

Is there anything I can do to try and get the heat back as it's gonna be a very cold New Year until he'll finally relent & send out his plumber$!

Your fault code would suggest that there is an issue with the fan. I have fitted over 20 31c's in the last 18 months and never had one iota of bother with any of them however I do accept they get a bad rap.
They have a five year warranty provided that they are commisioned properly, properly installed, the benchmark completed and the warranty activated with the manufacturer.
I suspect with the tone of you post that the landlord has had it put in with cost effectiveness in mind so none of the above will apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Have you read the installation bumf (See...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
If the pressure is going that high with the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Thank you very much for those details. We're...
Replies
Views
Back