Problems with hot water in a pressure system | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Problems with hot water in a pressure system in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,
We recently had the pressure tank replaced in our system as the old one started leaking.

Since the replacement, I've seen two problems. The first is that there is a loud knock when the tap is turned on. I believe this is because there is air in the system?

Secondly, when the heating is on, the hot water doesn't seem to function efficently (or perhaps not at all). When the heating is turned off, the hot water seem to function normally. Any idea or reasons why this would happen? I'm pretty sure this never happened before the tank replacement and we could use both at the same time. I'm wondering if there is some issue as the plumber had to strip down all the components and piping around the tank to fit it.

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm going to get the issue resolved by the plumber who replaced the tank but want to find out the issue in case the plumber tries to fob me off.
Thanks,
iq

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot...
Replies
Views
  • Question
As Shaun said cold backfeeding through mixer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the responses, I'll be on the phone...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the suggestions, I've attached a...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Thanks for the comments fowlerboi. Like you I...
Replies
Views
Back