Problems with new boiler part II | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Problems with new boiler part II in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Klactol

Evening all! Thanks to all who offered advice about my new boiler (thread started 4 days ago). To summarise, my new Baxi Duo Tec boiler is making a loud banging/vibrating noise when I use the shower/hot water. My fitter, Transco and Baxi engineer all think it is because I live in a low pressure area - 18 mbar at the meter, 16/17 at the boiler. Baxi instruction booklet says preferred gas supply for the boiler is 20 mbar.

It's now been suggested to me by a plumber that it could be a water pressure problem rather than a gas supply problem? He suggested that my water pressure could be too high, hence the banging when I run hot water - it doesn't happen when my central heating is on.

Obviously this means nothing to me -does this sound feasible? Is it worth reducing my water pressure to give it a try?

Any advice will be gratefully received.

Sorry if I sound thick, but how would I know? Should my fitter have measured it when fitting the boiler? Or is it worth asking him to come back to measure it?

If transco and baxi say its down to low gas pressure it probably is,however if installer thinks water pressure to blame,for the sake of a few quid ,ask him to fit a pressure reducing valve and see how it goes,if it works,maybe pay for part and he can give the 1/2 labour to fit it ,just as quick as checking it.Is the plumber local, he should know his area,s services

imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A
I looked up the faults out of curiosity as I...
Replies
Views
Thanks a lot for your help
Replies
Views
H
A professional is needed to diagnose and...
Replies
Views
So it isn't a boiler problem? One thing, it...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Back