problems with overflow on header tanks | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss problems with overflow on header tanks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MikeF00

Hello, i recently rerouted some plastic overflow pipes from both header tanks in my attic to the outside through an external wall. When i came to test them for leaks (by holding down the ball float) and trying to allow water to flow down the newly rerouted pipes , nothing happened and water did not flow down the pipes? Is this due to some weird air pressure trap(think its called hydrostatic pressure) in the pipe work?. This wasn't a problem when the pipe was routed the other way.

The overflow pipe in the tank(s) does have a 90 deg elbow on it and points directly into the water. Although i have not changed this from last time. Both tanks have the same configuration in them

Any suggestions?

Hello Mike and :welcome:
what is the fall on the new pipes?
what size overflow pipe?
what length of run?
have you tried blowing down the pipe? there could be a blocckage

first check for a blockage, you may have picked up some insulation when routing through walls etc.... what fall do you have on the pipework?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

see same. below on this as some one has had...
Replies
Views
N
  • Question
Hi thanks for your reply. Think I will change...
Replies
Views
Neil e
N
  • Question
Okay, so this shower is a potential route for...
Replies
Views
Is the newboiler a heat only boiler with a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A thermostatic cartridge is passing. Hot from...
Replies
Views
Back