Programmer for baxi back boiler. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Programmer for baxi back boiler. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dougboy

Baxi gravity fed boiler
Hi everyone. I am looking for some advice to give my central heating engineer. I have had a problem with my old programmer, it was changed over to a drayton lifestyle but my heating and hot water are coming on together. I heard he expected there to be 2 switch wires for heating and hot water separately ,but there is only one. Our old programmer could heat water or heating+water. Could anyone suggest a suitable programmer for this type of system.

It goes without saying that I appreciate any help you may give.

cheers Dougie.

Do you know what model lifestyle timer he has fitted ? it may not be suitable for gravity system you need LP112

All lifestyle programmers are suitable for gravity. Just move the jumper to make it a 10 program.
If it worked before with the old clock it will work again. Every system will have 2 switch wires.
On a gravity system, HW on (3) powers the boiler and ch on (4) powers the pump (via a room stat if you have one).
It is wired wrong.

If you're having to advise your central heating engineer, I suggest you get another who doesn't need your advice

Last edited:
i keep the old programmers of places I upgrade, so that when the old folk call me in to repair their one, they cop a freebie programmer that keeps them going another 10 years or so

i keep the old programmers of places I upgrade, so that when the old folk call me in to repair their one, they cop a freebie programmer that keeps them going another 10 years or so
You sure your not a Farmer! They never throw anything away either.

You have three black spades you can move on the back of that controllers , you can have one day or seven day prog or you can have it pumped or gravity,
You do get different models of clocks and they can be altered by changing the spades,
You only have a 2 channel programmer that you can bye or a single channel programmer,
Either youve wired it wrong or youve not changed the spades on back to pumped

You sure your not a Farmer! They never throw anything away either.

sad to say that was my first career choice at 17, did my HND in agriculture and finished as farming hit one of its worst depressions in the 80s, so joined the RN for a few years instead.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I have just returned home and was able to check the type of programmer. It is an lp722. There are 3 cables goung into it, i assume these are the boilersupply, pump and mains supply. There is no room stat . The boiler instructions only requires one switched live, and i assume the second would be the live to the pump. If this sounds right i will just ask him to try and give me the control of the hot water and ho****er+heating as best he can. I know it is awkward without seeing it. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Mains live (from switch) to terminal L
Boiler live to terminal 3
Pump live to treminal 4
All the neutrals to terminal N
All the earths to the earth terminal at the right

Mains live (from switch) to terminal L
Boiler live to terminal 3
Pump live to treminal 4
All the neutrals to terminal N
All the earths to the earth terminal at the right

Cheers tamz. It is wired wrong. I can change it easily but the only question i have is about the cable from boiler. It has obviously a live, neutral,earth and a switched live.Is it the switched live only to terminal 3. Thanks for your patience.

Just changed the wiring round as suggested and i now have the usual control expected. The engineer had to work in a very tight space and had commoned up the lives and switched live. So thanks for the advice to everyone who posted. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
Have you read the installation bumf (See...
Replies
Views
put the boiler on low very low and leave it...
Replies
Views
new p.h. ex. that will be alot cheaper than a...
Replies
Views
In the back of the fireplace there will be a...
Replies
Views
Back