Programmer wiring help | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Programmer wiring help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Evening peeps,

Just wondered if anyone can shed some light on a programmer swap I have done.

Previously had a Danfoss Randall 102 programmer which would allow water only or heating and water.

House is a horror show and all the wiring is a DIY job by previous owner.

Got a free Honeywell ST9400 so thought I would change it. System is fully pumped with a 2 port valve only, no room stat or cylinder stat.

Basically, HW when selected works fine and boiler and pump run. Select ch only and nothing happens, unless the HW button is pressed also.

Is there any way with this programmer that I can put a link in so that when CH is selected HW comes on also and fires up the boiler?

There is no wiring centre, and at the moment I have the live to the 2 port wired to CH on and the pump and live feed to boiler wired into HW on. So basically all that is happening when CH is selected is the 2 port is opening.

I have no wires in CH off or HW off ( I dont even know what these are for :confused:)

I think that's everything although my head is a little mashed :) Oh, and you will be pleased to know I am booked on the honeywell course in a couple of months time :p

Same yorself a whole load of grief , buy a second zone valve , a room stat and cylinder stat and do it properly. The wiring will then make a lot more sense

I'm just gonna stick the old one back on :) I think its a honeywell 2 port, but it's under the floor in the bathroom along with the pump and I don't feel like ripping the floor up at the moment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Hi I have a Honeywell ST699 programmer which...
Replies
Views
Fitted a Drayton LP822, it even used the same...
Replies
Views
3 hw on 4 htg on 5 perm live
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, the installer had linked a permanent...
Replies
Views
Back