Propane boiler in loft ????? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Propane boiler in loft ????? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Collectors

Hi, we just moved into an area with no gas, so we are getting a propane tank fitted so we can have gas cooking & heating.
We would like to put the boiler in the bungalows loft on a gable end wall as it will one get it out the way & it would also be next to the hot water tank that is also in the loft.
Is there any legality/rules on having a boiler in the loft & running gas pipes in the loft area.
Also! Any recommendations on good propane boiler makes.

Thanks

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
only that the loft must be boarded to allow access to boiler must have a fixed ladder and a handrail around hatch not that ive ever seen a handrail

Most boilers nowadays can be converted to propane. Last LPG boiler I fitted was a Vaillant three years ago and been running like a dream. Funny enough that was in the loft along with the unvented cylinder. Ran the gas supply up external wall to gable.

Thanks guys, wasn't sure if this was a no,no having gas in the loft. Oddly enough the Vaillant & Wooster were the 2 boilers i was looking at, & the Vaillant seems to have the slight edge on reliability out of the two.

Remeha boilers just require restrictor & recalibrating the flue gases

only that the loft must be boarded to allow access to boiler must have a fixed ladder and a handrail around hatch not that ive ever seen a handrail

my own boiler is in the loft at the back, its a wee bit tricky to get too and then i forget my torch whilst stumbling as i have no handrail. I have 3 foot holes i need to board up now

pssss.... dont tell anyone

I sometimes do work for the council and every loft installation has a ladder and boarding but I have yet to see a hand rail

I second bods suggestion. Can be used for natural or l.p.g. usually you pay a bit extra for l.p.g but baxi have it covered

Looked at the baxi neta tec suggested , but could only see it in a combi. The property will end up as 4 bed, 3 bath so it will have to be a system boiler. But the "Baxi Megaflo System 28 HE LPG" is a reasonably priced boiler. Have you used this boiler???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I need someone to replace my boiler, I am...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
GREENSTAR CDi CLASSIC Worcester Bosch...
Replies
Views
A decent water pressure and flow will be...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
Back