PRV discharge pipework | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss PRV discharge pipework in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

K

Kerr Gas 1

Hi,

Im fitting a 28I junior tomorrow, my problem is it could be difficult to run the discharge pipework from the PRV to outside i was wondering if it is ok to run it into internall drainage. any advice will be apprechiated

sorry it's waste pipe, currently being used for a wash machine but im planning on using it for condi and hopefully the prv discharge. i was hoping if i installed a tundish this would be satisfactory, any ideas

its gravity fed at the moment, back boiler with indirect cylinder. usually id use the cylinder drain to connect my prv but on this system it doesnt run straight outside.

I have installed hundreds internal into hep v/o trap and have been inspected by gas safe and building cony=trol and never been pulled for it as long as you either have a tundish or air gap to see it blowing off

Different to unvented discharge pipes I know. But, last time I spoke to Santon they told me they were only allowed to give advice on D1 (up to the tundish) pipework, they then said building control in every local authority has different ideas on how they like PRV's to terminate. Might be worth giving them a ring.

Not allowed on my local contracts, must be ran direct to externall. This then determines where we are allowed to fit the boiler. Does cause us problems at times.

go back to basics on your design, it is possible to fit an additional external prv in a suitable position, allowing a wee bit of flexibility on boiler position

on most of the local contracting work i have done the boiler position is decided by the landlord/clerk of works before you even walk through the door and you have to just do the best you can. For example Wolverhampton Counsil tend to go for vertical flue, boiler in the A/C every single time to avoid plume problems. Even in A/C's with external walls.

Similar plumbing topics

Ok great...really hoping it wasn't a leak.
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
Aqualisa digital showers are great. There is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Definitely worth checking the clipping...
Replies
Views
Back