PRV Multibloc Valve Strange Noise | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss PRV Multibloc Valve Strange Noise in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Having a problem with a recent installation. Fitted new unvented cylinder and boiler. Everything fine for 6 months Then I get a call from my customer reporting a water hammer issue. I attend site and fit a shock arrestor. 2 days later he phones me back... still doing it. He says when you open a tap you get a pulsing sound. Like water hammer that that has a bouncing sound. I attend site again and find that the cold main is a little under supported and where it passes between the shelves it's banging against the wooden batton. This time I'm dead sure I've sussed it. I added some clips and even a small piece of lagging around where it passes through the shelf for good measure..... 2 days pass......phone rings!! Making the noise again. This time he sends a video along as well which I will post here if possible. I am at a loss as I haven't experienced this before (10 years in the trade).
If anyone knows or has seen this I would appreciate the help.
Thanks in advance!
Matt

Edit: I have since clipped the expansion vessel hose so it doesn't flap around like a wild gibbon. We've all done it ;)

Attachments

• VID-20221125-WA0000.mp4
    4.6 MB
Last edited:
Agree with Simon hard pipe the expansion vessel fit a flow through valve we should all be fitting them as standard in my opinion , make sure your expansion vessel pressure is set 0.2 bar below your incoming pressure . Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221202-053558.png
    Screenshot_20221202-053558.png
    308.6 KB · Views: 22

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I would of clipped the pipework but it is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Kop, thanks for the reply. No water storage...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Did you ever find out what the issue was?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Check pressure in mini expasion vessel (silver...
Replies
Views
M
  • Question
Yes it will be a pump, or rather set of pumps...
Replies
Views
Back